This policy applies to information we collect:
- On our Websites.
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages between you and either Website.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
We collect several types of information from users of our Websites, including information:
- by which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, and telephone number (”personal information”);
- that is about you but individually does not identify you, such as the type of insurance you are looking to purchase, client testimonials, and any additional non-personal information you may provide in applying to own a Goosehead Insurance franchise; and/or
- about your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Websites, and usage details.
This information is collected in three ways: (1) directly from you when you provide it to us; (2) automatically as you navigate through the site (e.g. usage details, IP addresses and information collected through cookies and other tracking technologies); and (3) from third parties, for example, our business partners.
This information may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Websites. This includes information provided at the time of requesting an insurance quote or applying to own a franchise.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including e-mail addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
As you navigate through and interact with our Websites, we may use technologies to collect:
- Certain statistical information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns, including traffic data, location data, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on either Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. This helps us to improve our Websites and to deliver a better and more personalized service.
We understand the importance of taking extra precautions to protect the privacy and safety of children using Goosehead Insurance services. Accordingly, we do not knowingly collect, use or disclose personal information from children under 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on our Websites or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, e-mail address, or interests. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information as soon as possible. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at 1-800-474-1377.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Websites and their contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about additional insurance products that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please contact us at 1-800-474-1377 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Disclosure of Your Information
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it or with your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by sending us an e-mail at email@example.com to request to correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We reserve the right to refuse a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. All information is encrypted using SSL technology.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted via our Websites. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk.
California Privacy Disclosure
Goosehead Insurance does not track its customers over time and across third party websites to provide targeted advertising and therefore does not respond to Do Not Track (DNT) signals. However, some third party sites do keep track of your browsing activities when they serve you content, which enables them to tailor what they present to you.
Third parties that have content embedded on Goosehead Insurance’s Websites such as a social media feature may set cookies on a user’s browser and/or obtain information about the fact that a web browser visited a specific Goosehead Insurance Website from a certain IP address. However, third parties cannot collect any other personally identifiable information from Goosehead Insurance’s Websites unless you provide it to them directly.
If you have any questions or comments, please contact us at: